Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bathroom Renovation is complete!

When we looked at this home for the first time the bathroom was definitely a no discussion situation. The bathroom original to the house was an 80s flashback (not in a cool way) and definitely was not going to work for us.





We ripped almost everything out and started fresh


New toilet and paint

Granite and marble flooring, new vanity with granite counter and the mirror once sat in our entry at the last house


We still have not found a new light that would suit the vintage vibe without causing alot of work.  The problem is that the base of the light would need to be quite long to conceal some holes in the wall otherwise lots of patching and painting will be needed. Luckily the existing light  has really grown on me and I think it suits the space, unless the perfect light comes along I don't have plans of changing it.


Still in love with the shaker door.. and lookie what my mama made me!!
A floor to ceiling ruffled shower curtain in white. This took hours for her to make using bedsheets! stunning isn't it?


 
I love our bathroom, just wish we wouldn't have been scared of getting a larger tub. With two little ones we thought there would be many years where more than once person would be in the space at a time so we didn't want to be tub greedy. Now that its all said and done we definitely had enough space to work with. Oh well.. its still a soaker and I'm a happy girl.


Bathroom
shower curtain
baseboards
art






3 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    bathroom remodeler in essex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to renovate my bathroom with some trendy accessories. Thanks a lot for providing these useful tips on it. Really enjoyed reading your blog. Keep on posting.
    Suction Bathroom Fittings

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is awesome! I've been trying to do some bathroom renovation , and this gave me some great insight for things to try. Thanks for sharing!

    Bathroom Renovations Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!