Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gimme a break


We have been fortunate enough to escape day to day life and head to our home away from home at Fairmont Hot Springs British Columbia. My family has been coming here every year for nearly 30 years. I remember being the same age my son is now when this magical place was first introduced to me. My parents celebrated every wedding anniversary here and this is also where Ken proposed so many years ago.  Its definitely a treat to get away and it means the world to me that I can share this beautiful place with my kids too.


Quick stop in Banff
 
 
Alex loves Fairmont and is so excited to get there, only a couple hours to go
 

Welcome to our home away from home, isn't she beautiful?

Backyard view from the deck.. its hard to tell from this pic but there are mountains and a lake in the distance

 
Lovely day for a bike ride, fortunately no bears on this trail (they were everywhere but only when we didn't have the camera with us)





Of course every mountain getaway requires smores



If you didn't notice in the previous picture, these marshmallows are enormous! We ended up cutting them in half and they were still too big.


Ahhh vacations, gotta love them, is there a destination special to you and your family?

 


Thanks for stopping by


4 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great time. I've been following your blog for a while now and just now commenting... Sorry, I'm more of an appreciative lurker and comment when I actually have something to say, but please don't let my silence let you think I don't enjoy your blog - because I do.

    I'm just wondering where you got those gigantic marshmallows. Can I get them here in California?I have a recipe that I think they'd be great for. In any case, I'm awe-struck by your pictures and the beauty you've captured. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Len
      thanks so much for following my blog! I purchased the gigantic marshmallows from our local Walmart. I would assume stock with be the same internationally so hopefully you can find them there. I had never seen them before and we thought they were too ridiculous not to try..haha
      Thanks and happy hunting!!!

      Delete
  2. I have travelled from the US to Calgary for work a few time and love it - I always wanted to visit Banff! What a lovely vacation home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trisha
      next time you visit Calgary you should definitely rent a car and head to Banff. Its not too far away.. maybe an 90 minutes or less. Well worth the drive :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!!