Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thankful for laughter and some other things too

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. Nothing beats the beautiful weather, spending time with family, enjoying a delicious turkey dinner and avoiding all the stress of gift exchanges, party outfits, scheduling and decorating
 
This evening I quietly stared at some of the most valuable people in my life and silently gave thanks for each and every one of them. My amazing husband who has been my partner and best friend for over 17 years, my beautiful children who make me smile and fall in love again and again, my brother who reminds me of childhood memories of a simpler time. My sister in law and niece who remind me that our family continues to grow and become stronger each day (after losing my dad 10 years ago this was a thought that I never imagined I could have) My beautiful sister who although we are not related by blood will always be my family and reminds me that I'm old and not cool.
My mom, who has always been there for me and although we can sometimes drive each other crazy as most moms and daughters do I have never questioned the amount of love and pride she has for me and my children. Her love has always been unconditional and for that I am thankful.
I could spend hours writing about all the people and things I am thankful for and perhaps I should. It’s easy to forget on a daily basis how blessed I am.
To lighten up this post a bit, I am also thankful for laughter and have decided to share some funny cards from someecards.com that made me laugh out loud and pee a little in my pants.

Happy Thanksgiving and THANKS for reading my little blog

xoxox




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!!