Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

Not a whole lot has been happening around here these days. Between sickness, weather, longer work hours and life in general there has been next to zero time for any DIY projects. I'm really hoping that things pick up again after the holidays. There is cabinet trim sitting in the family room and I think its taken up permanent residence on the floor. The kids are using it as balance beams. I once joked about how I would be waiting until Christmas before it was put up now that might just be a dream.
There is one hard worker in the house though, his name is Martin and he is our Elf on the Shelf. His mission is to stay in our home during the holidays and report back to Santa each night. Martin always comes back before the kids wake and finds a new hiding spot. The only rule is you may not touch Martin or he could lose his magic powers which help him fly to the North Pole.

 

Martin in action









 
Only 27 days until Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I wish I had had Martin in my house when my daughter was little. She is 11 now so I doubt I could get away with introducing him now. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!