Saturday, December 8, 2012

Canvas Art by Living Prints

To celebrate my moms new kitchen I wanted to give her something special which would fill the dead space above her kitchen window. I had hoped to create something cool and rustic using barn board. This was my inspiration found on pinterest:


Then reality hit.. I don't have time to do this right now with Christmas just around the corner, its freezing cold,  I live in the city and have no idea where I would even find barn board let alone the right color of board. So that idea was pretty much shut down instantly but I wasn't going to give up completely.

I enlisted the help of  LIVING PRINTS  which is a sponsor of this blog and a local home business specializing in custom-designed prints.
Whether you have a very specific project idea or just a loose concept, Living Prints can work with you to create a truly custom piece.  Designs usually involve photos, text and/or effects combined to create something special. Products include, gloss/matte/metallic photo prints, canvas, collages, framing, cards, albums, and slide shows.
I sent in the above photo with measurements of the space, colour preferences and a list of my likes and dislikes. Together we came up with a few ideas and ended up with this sweet little number, check it out! A series of three 8”x8” canvases that mimic the effect of my original idea.










I love the products Living Images has been creating for clients and I knew they would be able to customize art for my mamas new kitchen. The wrapped canvas pieces look awesome above my moms window and she is thrilled with them. With the holiday season around the corner most of us are looking for that special gift, I highly recommend checking out Living Prints for some great ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!!