Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I love a good kitchen reno!

It was nearly 20 years ago when my parents bought the house I spent my teenage years in. Both of my parents tackled many DIY projects throughout the years and little by little they improved on what they had.  The kitchen was treated to painted cabinets, laminate flooring, a new pantry cabinet and a new counter overlay. Even with the improvements the kitchen was still tired and dated. My mom had been dreaming of a new kitchen for years and finally took the leap. I was thrilled for her and of course had to share this awesome makeover with you


After some careful planning and lidingo cabinetry and fintorp handles from IKEA my mom not only has a beautiful new kitchen but for the first time ever a dishwasher!





Beautiful back splash with a mix of glass and marble definitely set the tone for this space. I did have to add my own little touch by updating the not so lovely plastic planter sitting on the counter :)


Congrats Mom we are looking forward to many meals at your house!!! xoxox

6 comments:

  1. So nice, what a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been thinking of going with ikea for our kitchen cabinets. Do you mind me asking around how much she paid for her cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen was done fairly inexpensive in comparison to big box stores and custom cabinetry. Overall we were really impressed with the quality and the results. I cant pinpoint exactly how much the cabinets were but If I remember correctly all of the cabinetry came in somewhere between $5K-$6K. The pulls and countertops were an extra cost and of course we splurged on little details like the dishwasher panel and the tall pantry storage. Good luck with your kitchen!

      Delete
  3. Did you replace the entire cabinet or the door fronts only? I have similar cabinets and interested in a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire kitchen was purchased from Ikea

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!!