Friday, December 21, 2012

Joy

You may have noticed that I have started to reduce posts to once a week,  between the little ones, getting ready for Christmas and fighting flu's my time has been stretched thin. I also had a number of requests to create some wooden growth charts which I featured in this past post  and I feel a bit like Santa's elf in a basement workshop. I hope you continue to follow my posts and if you haven't done so already you should definitely sign up for automatic email updates by entering your email address into the cute little box on your right.



At the time of this post I still have just a few left so if you are                   
interested in purchasing one feel free to message me (sorry shipping not available)




Its been a bit of a shocker that the big 25 is just a few days away and I haven't created a single Christmas craft.. not a single one. I was inspired by the discarded wood cuts from the growth charts and so I put together this cute little sign just in time




 
 
 

How to create a Joy sign

 

1. I used scrap wood approximately 2ft in width
 
 
2. I painted the board with a  Martha Stewart sample which I scored months ago for just 50 cents
 
 
 
3. Using FREE letter templates found HERE I placed the printouts onto the dry paint and used a tool to apply just enough pressure to make an imprint on the wood
 
 
 
4. Using another paint sample in white I simply filled in the traced letter
 
 
 
Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to leave cookies out for the big guy
xoxoxo
 
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!!