Sunday, December 2, 2012

Somebody opened a can of Christmas

This weekend we finally got our tree and decorated. I learned a few things this year now that I have two very interested and active kidlets underfoot, I hope I remember all of these wonderful tips next year:

  1. Its okay to buy two trees, the kids will have fun decorating their own and I will not be a decorating dictator. 
  2. I grew up with fake trees, Mr. Bliss insisted on real trees many years ago and we haven't looked back since. Well I haven't looked back. Mr. Bliss is tired of putting on lights and complains each year. Its quite possible we will be doing a prelit fake tree next year to save us all from the whining. 
  3. We have too many decorations. Color pallets of red, green, white, silver, gold, bronze, glitzy, natural, the list goes on. Its very difficult to decide which route to go when you pop open those tupperwares and need to make a decision NOW as little fingers are tearing their way through glass ornaments to start decorating the tree. I may need to consider packing by color next year.
  4. Wine (need I say more?)
  5. Play Christmas music and own it. Even if your 5 year old rolls his eyes and your husband shakes his head.. don't pay any attention to the scrooges. Rock it out sista (or brotha)

Here is a little taste of Christmas at our house..














Thanks for stopping by and if you have decorated your tree please send me a picture!!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so wonderful! I'm in love with the Mrs. Claus & Santa Claus clotheslines. Sooo fun!! Thanks so much for sharing at our Winter Wonders and Holiday Happenings link party. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!