Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A new kind of Album

Last month I took about 500 photos.
Unfortunately its really difficult to decide which photos to print and which to purge.
We usually end up printing an enormous amount every few months, sorting them and stuffing into albums. The giant albums usually get put in a cupboard and are pulled out occasionally when memory lane is calling. I realized that besides the hours upon hours it took to make the albums it was also costing us a small fortune. To save on space and cost I chose not to print a single picture for the 2012 year. Instead we created a printed hardcover photo album


oooh look at me.. I'm so skinny and shiny
 
 
 
Using My Publisher we simply chose the style of album we liked and uploaded our favorite pics. You can drop them all in and let publisher place them for you or you can have a bit more creative ownership and choose which photos go where, what size, etc.




Once the album was to our liking we waited for a good sale
(because y'all know I rarely pay full price)
 
For only $70 (including shipping) we have a beautiful album that is a fraction of the size and cost of our old method. I still have thousands of pictures backed up in case I ever need them but this album really does tell an accurate story of our year with the photos we chose.

I don't think I will EVER go back to printed photos placed in albums after this

Enjoy your day and thanks for visiting
Amanda
xo

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those things that I so wish I had been able to do 10 years ago, how cool to have a family "yearbook" each year of a marriage. The yearbook editor deep down inside of me geeks out over the thought! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! We take so many pictures but we hardly ever take the time to organize them in a way where we can enjoy them! I've got to make myself start doing this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!