Friday, April 19, 2013

5 year old designer

Alex: "Mom I just cant take it anymore"
Me: "What? cant take what anymore? what's wrong?"
Alex: "These popcorn ceilings, they are just awful, I want them gone from my room"
Me: (jaw drops)...............................?..................!.......................WTF.
 
True story.

My son is a snobby design genius or he actually pays attention to design shows mommy watches. Either way he has developed quite the opinion on the subject and he hasn't stopped bringing it up.

This summer we will upgrade his room as Emily is ready to say goodbye to her toddler bed. The bed she currently uses was also used by Alex and will convert into a lovely double sleigh bed. Since Alex has a slightly larger room he will get the bigger bed. This is how it starts.. a bigger bed.. turns into a new dresser.. new design elements.. and a whole lot of fun!

Here are some ideas we are considering

 
We are seriously thinking of covering the popcorn ceiling with pallets.
 
 
Perhaps we can convince the little guy that a pallet feature wall would be just as cool
This will be his new dresser from Ikea
 

and while there we might as well pick up this adorable print too
 
A collection of globes would be perfect! Globes are expensive but I've been on the lookout. Hopefully I can find some this summer at tag sales
 
I love this idea for an under the bed lego table. We have accumulated so much lego its taking over.
 
 
I pretty much love EVERYTHING about this room that has a nod to the 1950's. Although we wont have room to put up a teepee we could definitely do some bunting and use some old suitcases to store thing like say.. LEGO! the pillows are amazing and I adore the bed.
 
I will leave the color scheme up to Alex but Im really digging the look of orange and navy
 
or grey and red
 
How fun would this chevron rug be from rugsusa.com
 
 
Alex and I are so excited to begin his room this summer. Such little time and money but I know we will have fun hunting for treasures at yard sales and creating a room he will love.
 
 
all photos were found on pinterest
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    MDF Board Sheets are a uniform, multi-purpose fibreboard panel suitable for interior use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!